Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas

Christmas is just right around the corner and every little thing we do to get ready for the holiday makes me remember that we don't have you here to celebrate this joyous day with... Again. Last year was extremely hard because you had just went to heaven just a few weeks before. This year will still be just as hard. I sit here and wonder what Christmas jammies you would be wearing, what kinds of gifts you would be getting and what you would have thought about opening presents. Would you have liked to see Santa? Or would you have screamed? There are so many things that I wish we could have done with you and I continue to want those things this year too. 

This year is a little different... Your baby sister is now here! She has brought us so much joy that I never thought possible. It is so bittersweet that we get to have her first Christmas this year and we never got that with you. But, I know that you will be right here celebrating with us Christmas morning. I just wish I could see you sitting by your sister and opening all her gifts too.... 

This year, you got your own little tree so that Olivia can put an ornament on it just for sissy. I felt this would be a good way as she gets older to connect with you during Christmas time. Of course you still have all your ornaments on the big tree, but this is something special for just her to do <3 one day she can pick out her own ornament for you :) 

I know you will have the greatest Christmas of all, by celebrating with Jesus himself. I can't even imagine the celebration you angels have on that day. 

Your family loves and misses you so much, baby girl. Keep sending us feathers and come visit in my dreams anytime!! It's been way too long since I have been able to see you. Love you, princess. 
A priceless picture we have of you and your little sister! I LOVE it! It is on the Christmas card this year <3

No comments:

Post a Comment